We are looking for new solutions that improve the effectiveness of the treatment of chronic wounds, reduce the frequency and severity of complications, and thus greatly promote your healing. To this end, we are conducting a scientific research. Please read below for the details what data we collect for this study and what rules we follow.
What data do we collect?
For our research we need the following data:
- A series of photos of your wound
- Wound data: formation time, region, healing, tissue necrosis, sprouting, peeling, depth (up to which layer of skin)
- Data on your general health: gender, age, height, weight, possible mobility impairment, alcohol consumption, smoking
- Possible comorbidities: thyroid disease, venous insufficiency, diabetes, peripheral vascular disease, kidney disease, etc.
- Whether you are taking or are receiving any of these medicines or treatments: steroid therapy, vasodilators, trental, naphthylone, radiotherapy / chemotherapy
- Type of bandage currently in use
- The diagnosis and therapy prescribed by a specialist or general practitioner at the most recent wound examination
- Your personal identification data (name, Social Security card(TAJ) number) for administration (this will not be available to researchers)
Much of this information qualifies as “special personal data” under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Due to the sensitivity of the information, we handle it with special care.
Who do we share your personal information with?
We use your personal data exclusively for administration, and we do not even make it available to those conducting the research. Researchers only work with anonymized data. Administration staff will make a confidentiality statement prior to commencing work. In particular, we do not disclose your personal data to any third parties, companies or other research institutes or universities or other research groups of PTE. We will only contact you if you need to correct an administrative error.
Protection of your personal data
We have taken appropriate technical measures required by law to protect personal information and to prevent the loss of data or other unauthorized access. These measures shall ensure a level of security appropriate to the data processed:
- Images taken during shooting are stored encrypted on the mobile device, so they cannot be accessed by third parties even if the device is lost.
- Photographs and health and personal data are uploaded to a central database via an encrypted channel, so they cannot be intercepted by third parties.
- After uploading, images and data are deleted from the device, further reducing the risk posed by losing the device.
- We apply detailed data access rules in the central database, employees can only access the data they need for their work.
Data retention period
We will not store your data for longer than is necessary for the research.
If you withdraw your consent to the research, we will delete all data from our computer system and our records within a maximum of 72 hours of receiving and processing the withdrawal of consent.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) adopted by the European Union, you have the right to verify the data we hold about you and the right to change your personal data. If you want to know which data we are processing, you can submit a written Data Subject Access Request (DSAR). If your information is incorrect, incomplete or irrelevant, you may ask us in writing to amend or supplement your information.
You also have the right to delete your data. If you have given us your consent to the processing of your data, you are always entitled to withdraw that consent. In this case, your data will be deleted from the computer system and our records without any trace or residue. (Withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of our data processing and processing prior to the withdrawal.)
Furthermore, you have the right to restrict and oppose the processing of your data.
You also have the right to move or make your data transferable (the so-called “data portability right”). You can also submit a written request to this effect.
All written requests listed here must be submitted by mail to PTE SOKI. Your request will be processed within four weeks.
You have the right to file a complaint if you believe that we are not handling your information properly. Any complaints in this regard should be submitted to the National Data Procection and Information Freedom Authority.
We reserve the right to amend this privacy statement. Amendments shall take effect on the date on which they are published.